Managing your time without setting priorities is like shooting randomly and calling whatever you hit the target.
I get intimidated by people who stay organized and have properly made time for everything. I feel being organized is not easy but it’s the best way to lead a balanced life.
To stay organized one has to really commit to it. I am trying to get into proper planning and organizing since the last 2 to 3 years but I fail to stick to it. Like I said it’s not easy. It’s like a task within a task.
But I do have some tips that I am trying to get into which I would like to share.
- Write it down: Write everything down first it is not necessary it should be in perfect order but just write down what all you have to do like tomorrow, within a week, within a month. Write down your goals and how you plan to take action to accomplish them. Write everything down so you have a rough idea this is all is what I have to do.
- Plan: Now make a plan separately like daily plans, weekly plans, monthly plan, and yearly plans. Distribute them accordingly how you feel is best.
- Make a To-do-list: Make a To-do-list every day a night before or on weekends this will help you to keep track of important and urgent works.
- Stick to your plans: Being organized needs a strong commitment from your side and you will have to be consistent and committed to it.
- Don’t try to over-burden yourself and go over-board it’s okay to not stay perfect all the time.
- De-clutter: Get rid of things that don’t serve you anymore, waste papers, other items and keep de-cluttering things at least once a week. I am trying to keep my desk clean so I actually have a vibe to sit and work on my pc.
So these are some tips from a not so organized person to someone out there who is equally struggling to stay organized. I hope these little thing will help you to at least give a try or start.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
But if you are someone who is a well organized person and would like to share some thoughts here or some tips please feel free to do so.